Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Positivity

When I started this blog a few days ago, one of my goals was to start being more positive. I absolutely adore positive people, they are definitely sunflowers.

Love.
Today, I've been trying spontaneous compliments to strangers. At the store just a few minutes ago I had been admiring the fishtail braid of the girl who bagged my groceries. I'm terrible at fishtail braiding my hair myself, so I have huge respect for anyone with the patience to beautifully twist their hair into nautical fashion. I thanked her for bagging my groceries and then decided that this was the perfect opportunity to compliment a stranger. I knew I'd never see her again if she thought I was creepy, but a little admiration can always brighten someone's day. As we walked away I told her that I loved her braid. Her smile was priceless, even after just a tiny compliment. It may just have brightened my day more than hers.

I also decided to try another form of positivity today. One of my dear friends, Amanda, recently inspired me to try this one. She is amazingly talented in giving back rubs, and she gives them out of the kindness of her heart without anyone asking. Tonight I decided to imitate her by randomly giving back rubs to my unsuspecting family members. They loved it, and I loved making them happy. Thank you for the lovely idea Amanda.
I love you.


-Hannah Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment