Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Rule of Life #3 : Bagels Are Forever

This winter some of my lovely friends and I derived the Rules of Life. They were very good rules. From them I learned many important life lessons such as: Do not do anything unless it will be really awesome or really dumb (for example: making oatmeal raisin cookies, which don't fall into either category). I think rule number 3, which states that bagels are forever, may have been on my mind last night while I worked on my writing at Panera Bread.

Mmmmmmm

 I stared up the sign from my table: I could get one bagel for only one dollar and nine cents.It seemed too good to be true, I could buy myself a bagel and eat it for my breakfast the next day. No one would question my having it since I bought it with my own money, and it would be all mine. But then I stopped. My family would want bagels, too and I could get them some. In fact, it would be cheaper to buy them in bulk.

So I bought a half dozen and carried them away proudly in my brown paper bag. When I arrived home, I wrote a little note for the family and put it on the bag. This morning, I arranged them on a clean, white plate and set them out for family members to take as they pleased. It felt great to do something so simple, but yet nice for them.



-Hannah Ruth

P.S. I forgot to mention that the wisdom about all things awesome and dumb came from no other than Yammie of Yammie's Noshery. You should check out her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment