Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sunflower Days

Everyone falls apart sometimes. Everyone you see is probably struggling with something. It could be a job, a friend, a family member, a condition. I struggle with remembering this every day. I like to think that I'm the only one who suffers pain when in reality I have a pretty easy life. Every time I struggle or even fall, God sends wonderful people into my life to help me out of it. I think of these people as sunflowers.
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Matthew 6: 28b-29


Sunflowers are wonderful flowers. They always face the sun and look happy. They're optimistic, bright, and beautiful. People who are like sunflowers are the same way. They always find the happiness in situations. My day brightens each time I see them.

One of my latest goals for life is to be a sunflower. I want to let the people I love know how much I care. I want to bring people the happiness that has been given to me. 

This blog will be a chronicle of my adventures as a sunflower. I'll post new sunflowering (yes, I know it's not a word)  ideas, I'll share with you some of the wonderful sunflowers who inspire me, and I intend to give a semi-daily report of life as a sunflower.

-Hannah Ruth

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful idea. You are beautiful sunflower. Brighten the world with your joyful golden locks. Unless you are a brunette, in which case, you have no right to call yourself a sunflower.

    ReplyDelete