Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Visiting Grandma

One of the many wonderful sunflowers in my life is my Grandma Violet. She always brings brightness to my day with her genuine smile and beautiful personality. She is one of the few people in my life who I've never, ever heard complain. I love her.

When I was younger, my Grandma and Grandpa lived far away and I didn't get to see them much. After my Grandpa died in Christ and my Grandma's health began to decline, we decided to move her closer to our family. It has been great to have her living in a retirement home just down the street. Seeing her often brings brightness into my life that is indescribable.

Recently, she has been suffering from Alzheimer's Disease on top of her many other ailments. My dad finds the time to visit her every day at the same time. I've been wanting to go with him to see her lately. Hearing about her confusion breaks my heart. Today, I visited her with him.

Despite her ailments and confusion, she seemed genuinely happy to see me. I loved to tell her about my summer. I loved to see her smile and laugh. It was wonderful to visit her and even though I was trying to brighten her day, she ended up brightening mine.

Isn't she beautiful?

I love you, Grandma.

-Hannah Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment